Sunday 19 July 2015

Collecting Inspiration photos for Community Lots

Got some pictures from the interwebs, since I never got pictures of these last time I was in Dublin. (Although next time I am definitely taking pictures).
 
This is Grafton Street in Dublin.


It's a pedestrian only street, and one which I think would look good as a replacement for the two base game community lots on Main Street - That's the fashion Boutique, and the other one. I can't remember the name off the top of my head.

In summer, there are buskers right down the center, playing music, doing tricks, and all the things that buskers do. In winter there is rain and umbrellas and people getting from place to place as fast as they can to get out of the rain.

This one isn't Grafton Street. I'm pretty sure this is Georges Street - although I could be wrong. They have a lot of pedestrian only streets in Dublin, in comparison to other cities I've visited. There are quite a few flower and vege stalls on the mall, and also for some reason cheap phone covers and sunglasses? Go figure!


This is the inside of a mall that sits at the top of Grafton street, opposite the pedestrian mall. It's really lovely to walk around - although I've never really made it above the Ground floor with all the shops. A cut-down version of this would be lovely as a florist, and boutique shops.

O Connell St is the main street of Dublin. It has the post office, and the major department stores. Also the needle, and some street statuary.

Google Map - O'Connell Street Dublin

A Google Map Street view of O'Connell Street is best, as it allows cars, you can see all the way down to see how it looks.

Will be looking for appropriate CC to give the right looks in the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment