Friday 10 July 2015

Pleasantview Hood - Lot Deco - Signs

I'm still alive, and I'm still working on this!
Pleasantview itself needs a makeover. It's fairly horrible design-wise.



Now. I've decided to make Pleasantview similiar to Dublin, Ireland. What that means is that the street signs are bi-lingual (English and Simlish) with Simlish always on the top.


This is what the street signs look like close up. I like them. :D
 
The homes are Georgian, and the street shops are all connected. The homes in the main part of Dublin are around squares. Not sure how I'm going to do that - but it means that Parks will be surrounded by homes. I'm not going to be able to reproduce Dublin, but I want to get the spirit of Dublin.

I'm not sure that I will be offering these up for download - they are very specific to Pleasantview.

But I do want to make a note on how I did the text, for other times.

street name - simlish = Simlish v3 Deja Vu Sans (22)
street name - english  = Roadgeek 2014 Series C (28)
city name - simlish = 12
city name - english = 18

(PSP7)
Drop Shadow = H1 V1, Opacity 50, Blur 5
Inner Bevel = Width 1, Image: 10,5,0,50 Light: 315,25,40
Brightness/Contrast = 25/25

No comments:

Post a Comment